I wish I could write a letter to all of the girls I’ve been, and all of the women I have yet to become.
Not-quite-there-yet, in between, now.
I would say that it’s much more important to create a life that feels good on the inside than it is to have a life that looks good from the outside.
I’d tell myself to take time every single day to pause in the midst of the chaos and allow myself to just be happy.
I’d tell myself that the secret to having it all is knowing you already do and that confidence is the sexiest shade of lipstick.
I’d make a promise that I’d always stay true to my beliefs, my values, and myself, and I’d remind myself that life doesn’t have to be perfect to be wonderful.
I’d look myself in the eyes, and I’d see past all the hurt, the mistakes, the fear, the uncertainty.
And as my reflection appeared and my own eyes saw through to my soul,
my reflection would smile,
as if she already knew.
- RT @gretchenrubin: Agree, disagree? “Where it is in our power to act, it is also in our power to not act.” – Aristotle 8 hours ago
- RT @sahouraxo: Why'd you sell Saudi Arabia, the world's top funder and exporter of this very ideology, $460 billion in weapons then? 🙄 #Ba… 8 hours ago
- RT @walid970721: #Syria's jihadists have a long tradition of child exploitation. Watch how the #WhiteHelmets parade clueless children to ga… 8 hours ago
- RT @ozlifeadvice: No matter what happens in life, keep a good heart. A heart of trust & patience. Don't let the darkness of some people har… 8 hours ago
- RT @Epic_Women: Accept what is, let go of what was and have faith in what could be. 8 hours ago
- RT @PinarTremblay: korkarim intolerance TRde sadece iktidar islamcilarina mahsus degil... bunu gormemiz lazim.. 10 hours ago
- RT @ihsaneliacik: Tarihte bugün.."Camide içki içtiler, Kabataş'ta üstü çıplak 70 adam falan filan görüntüleri bu cumaya" denmesinin üzerind… 11 hours ago
- RT @TheSchoolOfLife: Feeling lost, making a mess of things, taking longer than seems warranted is very normal: thebookoflife.org/should-we-work… 11 hours ago
- RT @Istanbultelaviv: Turkish police believe word "Hero" is code for support of outlawed Gulenists. They arrest a mother+girl who wrote on s… 12 hours ago
- RT @InsaneCuteness: How long do i have to sit here and look cute for? https://t.co/Qy925fTeAy 12 hours ago
- RT @oldpicsarchive: Marilyn Monroe in “The Seven Year Itch” (1955) https://t.co/70nyoCA5rO 13 hours ago
- RT @BestMovieLine: Curb Your Enthusiasm https://t.co/9N4zJhVDvA 17 hours ago
- RT @ClassicMovieHub: Robert Redford and Natalie Wood in This Property is Condemned (1966) https://t.co/4WEcFLnQp9 17 hours ago
- RT @brainpicker: Half a century before Instagram and Facebook, Sylvia Plath performed savvy self-curation of her public image https://t.co/… 18 hours ago
- RT @qz: People in rich countries are dying of loneliness bit.ly/2wWUTX0 18 hours ago
- RT @BBCWorld: The Turkish diaspora in Germany is estimated to number about three million people bbc.in/2wpgZnq 19 hours ago
- RT @alifaikdemir: Türkiye'yi güzel yapmış, güzel ve özel insanlar varmış. Ne kadar şanslıyız...@TarihEfendi twitter.com/TarihEfendi/st… 19 hours ago
- RT @qz: How to become a person who drinks good wine and isn’t annoying about it bit.ly/2uXQphk 19 hours ago
- RT @nytimes: A conservationist described as a "hero to many" for his anti-poaching efforts was shot dead in Tanzania nyti.ms/2wYj9b8 19 hours ago
- RT @RT_com: 'Enemies of Turkey': Erdogan tells 'countrymen' in Germany not to vote for Merkel's party on.rt.com/8ks6 https://t.co/… 19 hours ago